Friday, May 22, 2009

Under the Big Top


About one week ago, all of the sudden signs started to appear around town saying that the circus was coming to town! Dad decided that he would go alone with me so that we would some time together! We bought tickets for that night, we could have gone on Tuesday night but that was the night Mom and I got back from Rotorua- 8 hours away from Wairoa! So instead we booked it for Wednesday night! But when we were at young leaders in Rotorua we got bad news that Dad was sick. When mom and I returned Dad said that he was feeling a bit better but he was not up to going. Mom ended up going with me and all the same it was fantastic! When we got there that night it was pretty cold but I was really exited for it to start! I went up to the food stands and ordered some candy floss (cotton candy)! The place was giant and there were ropes everywhere! We sat for about 15 minutes, I spotted my friend Grace and went to talk to her. 2 minutes later they announced that it would be about 5 minutes till it started and we needed to get seated! My favorite act was the first one! Not just because it was the first and it was special, but because they did all the different kinds of gymnastics and it was just amazing! First a lady dropped down on ropes and she was wearing wings (it was supposed to look like she was flying but it really didn’t!) She untied a red knotted up ball and it fell draping on the floor. I wondered what they were going to be doing with the red strips but right then the lights dimmed, and just about 10 seconds later the lights got a bit brighter and I could make out some people wrapped up in it and I right away knew this show and just this one act in it’s self would all be great! Music started to play and they started swinging around and doing all these different kinds of tricks! There were about 6 or 7 people in that act and I think there were about 6 or 7 strips, one for each person to swing on! Normally some of them would stand off to the side and watch the other people but in the end all of them went on it! 4 people were on all of the sides swinging around a girl in the middle of all of them, she was hanging upside down with the fabric strips somehow wrapped around her legs so she was doing the middle splits, her hands were out stretched so that she could hold onto a man! That was my favorite of all the acts even though there were many more than just that, but I do not have the time to type up all of those different acts and crazy things like stacking up chairs and doing handstands on the tops of each one! Sorry I can’t tell you more about the Circus so if you have not gone to one yet than you need to go!

-Elena

2 comments:

  1. How cool! Was there an elephant? Any animals? The circus is a great event. I like the gymnastics and high wire events the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really cool. sounds like u guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete