Monday, September 30, 2013

My My

We haven't been out to eat here as a family yet.  It's expensive, so we have just been cooking at home.  It also seems that we are busy enough that to throw the time in to go out to eat just hasn't happened.  But Sunday after church we felt it was time.  I did quiet a bit of asking around and if we wanted to try some Russian dishes we should just go to My My around the corner.  Close and cheap.
First, as an American I read this restaurant name and think "my, my".  But the pronounciation is actually "Moo Moo", as in the sound a cow makes.  This chain restaurant is easily identifiable with the red logo and black and white cow patches on the building.
Cafeterial style was a nice way to introduce ourselves to Russian food.  Salads, soups, rolls and entrees were simply laid in front of us and we went through the line saying "Ya hachoo" (I want) and a finger point.  Not much outside of the mashed potatos was identifiable so we each picked something different and enjoyed a smorgasboard of dishes.
Bland in spices, but flavorful in a mix of ingredients I found Russian food much more to my liking than Colombian food.  I can't say we were jumping up and down in excitment over this wonderful new menu but it wasn't bad.
The price was the best thing of all.  Cheaper and much more healthy than McDonalds, and less money than going to the coffee shop as a family we will keep this on our list of emergency places to grab a meal.  And if you visit us here we are likely to take you there, shuffle you through the line and let you decide if you like Russian food or not!

1 comment:

  1. Was there any molasses cookies from Ida's Bakery for dessert? Enjoy following your adventures in Russia. Know you're thought of and prayed for. Love, Judy U.

    ReplyDelete