Thursday, November 21, 2013

So Russia


A friend showed me around St. Petersburg the first day I was in town.  While we walked around chatting she showed me historic places, drilled my on my bearings to be sure I could get around myself, and shared some of her experiences from her 9 years living there.

We came upon a park that she used to take her kids to when they were little.  She recalled the "old days" when the park had outdated, Soviet era equipment.  Today the park is filled with brand new, bright toys for the kids to play on.  She stopped to read the sign at the entrance to the playground and started to laugh.  Each piece of equipment was listed followed by the age the children must be to use the equipment!  So to go down the slide you must be between 3-10 and to swing on a swing 3-12 and so on.

So Russian!

No comments:

Post a Comment