Thursday, July 7, 2016

Taiwan A to Z


I thought I would throw a book suggestion onto our blog.  If you are planning on moving to Taiwan, you need to get this book.  Asian culture is a new thing for me.  It's been the most different culture I've lived in yet.  I'm enjoying it, but I honestly don't understand a lot about it.  I'm so fortunate to work with some awesome locals who help me out and introduce me to things that I would never experience on my own.  This book gave me a spring board to being conversations.  From holidays to cultural customs and history to religion, I learned many things that would have left me puzzled without an explanation.  I would read a chapter or two on the metro ride to work then ask my friends how they explained the topic or experienced it in their home.  I see things I could have walked right by without noticing and now I have a bit of understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment