Friday, October 6, 2017

The Second Graduation of the Year



I'm feeling nostalgic, four months after graduation. Summer has passed, visitors have come and gone, she's been taken to college and is off to a good start. So I sit here in a quiet house, looking at these pictures, graduation seems so long past but really it was only a few short months ago. 




Elena graduated from the IB program at the Taipei American School. It was a great day filled with family, friends and pure joy. Grandma and Grandpa came to Taiwan to celebrate with us. I'm so proud of her. The International Baccalaureate program is a rigorous two year curriculum culminating with intense exams at the end. I've watched all my kids go through it and I'm glad I never had to myself! So we had reason to celebrate and dance and sing. We closed this chapter in her book of life with a few tears on mom's cheeks. There's another empty spot in our home, but we are excited for the next chapter to be written as she heads off to MSU.


Michigan State University!


No comments:

Post a Comment