Monday, September 1, 2008

The Two Baby Lambs





On Friday before school someone called my mom.  I wondered who it was and why they called, but of course my mom did not tell me who it was and why they called but she did tell me one thing - that it was a surprise and it was probably going to be more work for her!  Damon and Maddie were already gone to school by that time.  After a long day of school we finally got to go home, wait, did I mention netball practice???  Well that was first, and then to the surprise.  I was exited!  My mom said to get into the car and we could guess what the surprise was.  First Maddie asked if we were going to see sheep but she was wrong.  My mom said that it had to do with sheep, then I asked if we were going to feed sheep but I was wrong. After that Damon asked if we were going to see sheep get docked??  My mom just laughed and said "no"!  My sister finally asked if we were going to get sheep and my said "yes"!   And I thought it was really cool!   But then my mom said "we are going to probably get two!"  When we finally got there there were four baby sheep "baaaing"!!  They were so cute!  The lady who owned them was really nice and she let them out of the pen she had them in.  We got to pet them and stuff.  After we petted them for awhile she let us feed them and showed us how to do it!  It was fun feeding the baby lambs, Maddie fed one, Damon fed one, the lady fed one and I fed one. Then it was time to chose which ones we were going to take home.  There was a little one that we all wanted but we did not know which other one.  I wanted the next smallest one. She said "ohhh that one does not drink that well" but I still wanted him.  Damon and Maddie did not make any suggestions so we got that one!!!  After that mom took us to the store so she could buy stuff for them.  She went in and we stayed the car.  She got two leashes, a pink and a green collar for them plus she got the formula!  Each day we need to feed them at least three bottles a day!  The next morning we gave them a bath it was hard but fun! I love having lambs!!!
-Elena

4 comments:

  1. hey
    that is so cool
    i wish that maddie would come back
    middle school has started it is fun
    but it would be better if maddie was here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leashes????Are you going to take your lambs for a walk? Where do they sleep at night? What are their names?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena,

    I keep getting messages from my mom that you called on her cell. We don't have a telephone # for you. Leave it on voicemail so we can call back. Or try at home after 4:30 ET.
    423.570.2450

    Soooo cute, little lambs!

    Emma

    ReplyDelete