Monday, June 25, 2012

Colombian Foods

Pony Malta pop


Coca tea (yes from the cocaine plant)


Colombian Tamale



I've tried  many new foods in Colombia. I've eaten intestines, blood sausage, tamales, colombiana, pony malta, colombian fruit juice, coca tea, churros, arepa, chorizo, ants, plantain and some candy.
Ants


Intestines- I did't know what I was eating but as soon as it touched my tongue I spit it out.
Blood sausage- Uncle Chad told me it was just rice inside of the casing, very true but after I found out the juice was blood.
Tamales- Wrapped in banana leaves, inside was a delicious mixture of chicken, corn meal, corn and some spices.
Colombiana- A Colombian soda that tastes sort of like bubble gum. Yum!
Pony Malta- A Colombian drink that I actually liked but nobody but the Colombians do.
Fruit Juice- I tried two different kinds of juices made from Colombian fruits. One was very good but the other was sour.
Coca tea- I didn't know until after but it is made out of cocain leaves. It was disgusting.
Churros- Yummy fried dough covered in sugar.
Arepa- A bland Colombian bread made much better with cheese in it.
Chorizo- A tasty sausage but you wouldn't expect it in the U.S.
Ants- Better than I thought, they just tasted like peanuts.
Plantain- Looks like a banana but it tastes horrible.
Candy- I tried a good sucker and a Turrone de Mani. It was like vanilla stuff with peanuts inside.
Blood Sausage

Tripe - otherwise known as intestines
Andrew Hunt in Colombia

No comments:

Post a Comment