Friday, June 29, 2012

Monserrate mountain

When we went up Monserrate I had trouble breathing do to the altitude. On the mountain is when I tried most of the weird foods of colombia. We went to a market up in the mountain. To get up the mountain we took a train. To get down the mountain we took a cable car. It is very pretty up there in the mountains and you get a good view over the city. Some of the most weird foods I tried up there were blood sausage, intestines, and many more. Yuck!
Trying Ants
They tasted like nuts, better than I thought.

Blood Sausage
DISGUSTING!!!

Cocaine Tea
I didn't really like it.

Elena and I up on the mountain. A beautiful view of the city.


Aunt Kris taking a picture of me with the
intestine after I tried it. You can tell I was
terrified after that.
Elena, Maddie and I eating.
The orange soda was a delicious drink called Colombiana.
It tasted sort of like bubble gum. 



Trying a Colombian tamale. YUM!!!!
Looking in the market at Monserrate (the mountain)

Going up the mountain in the train.
Damon, Me, Elena and Maddie.


Andrew Hunt in Colombia

No comments:

Post a Comment