Friday, July 25, 2014

Venice, Day 2

Sun. June 22
It's early and I am the only one awake.  A morning bird by nature, added to the two hour time difference has me up before the city is alive.  I sit on the balcony breathing in the heavy scent of honeysuckle.  Occasionally I hear a boat go down the canal, breaking the stillness.  Seagulls cry overhead and a friendly pigeon flies from window ledge to window ledge.  



The church just around the corner has an early morning service going on.  I listen to them sing the simple melodies.  Raw and pure in nature their voices fill every nook-and-cranny, deep into my soul.  No instruments are needed to accompany their worship to God.  Liturgical readings go back and forth as the priest's strong voice rings loud and clear responded by confident responses from the congregation.  My heart is settled, I look forward to a relaxing day with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment