Thursday, June 18, 2015

Last Night Together

Our last night together in Moscow needed to be special.  I didn't want to sit around the house with all the stress of suitcase packing and the memories of the past two years bouncing off hollow walls, threatening the tears to spill.  I wanted a last trip together to Red Square and something beautiful to fill our minds.  Ballet.
One last trip to the Kremlin Palace to see Sleeping Beauty.  How fitting the name was as I looked at my darling daughters' heads bob up in down in complete exhaustion.  We were all so tired and emotionally spent that we could barely function.  The soft thump of ballet slippers padding the stage, a gentle twirl, and an elegant leap soothed the worry lines in my forehead and took away the stress for a few hours.  Exquisite costumes and set design sang to my tired soul.  The music wound its fingers into my crying heart and massaged some of the pain of leaving away.
I have been so blessed to live in a country where I can watch the top dancers in the world perform, accompanied by a world class orchestra.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to share these special nights with three of my favorite people.  I will hold onto these memories that we share over this next year when four dwindles to three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment