Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Goose That Thinks It's a Goat




Once upon a time there was a farmer who had about 100 goats and there were a bunch of geese too.  The farmer did not want the geese in his flock of goats.  So one day the farmer went up to the geese and shooed them away.  He hoped they would never come back.  The farmer watched the geese fly away but then he noticed that one goose could not fly!  The farmer did not know what to do with the goose that couldn't fly so he decided to leave it there with all of the goats.  Three or four years had past and the goose still lived with all the goats.  The goose for some reason thought he was a goat.  He ate grass like the goats, he drank water like the goats and he liked the hills like the goats.  The goats were his friends, he even had a best friend named Billy the goat!  Billy was a black and white, young goat.  Sometimes the goose would get trampled by the goats but he never got hurt.
One very nice winter day it was time for the goats to get dewormed.  People that the goose did not recognize came.  The goose just carried on eating grass with the goats.  The people walked towards the goose and the goats.  The goose asked Billy if he recognized the four people, or maybe it was three.  The goose was not very good with numbers!  Billy only recognized one of the people so soon all the goats and the goose were  on the run.  Running away from the people!  The goats and the goose gave the people a good run.  They were very hard to catch but the goose thought is was hard work running over all the hills.  After awhile they had run over the road and were trapped in a big building.  The goats were split into two groups.   The goose was in the second group.  After a long wait it was time for the the second group to be dewormed.  I watched Billy get grabbed away from the group by his horns.  It looked like a man was ridding on his back with Billy's head stuck between the man's legs.  Something was pushed into Billy's mouth and then they took him away from me.  I ran for my life in circles.  The goats were going bonkers!  They started to trample me - just like they always do when they get excited.  All of a sudden one of the men grabbed me.  I was scarred out of my pants - even though I don't wear pants!  1,000 questions went through my mind but guess what they did?  Nothing!  I was skipped over and the men moved on.  I had come down here for nothing!  A little later the people were starring at us and pointing.  They had a little thing they looked through, they posed and then it flashed.  I looked at them and posed also.  They pointed the thing at me but it burned my eyes!  After that they made us go all the way back into the hills.  It took a lot of time and I was tired.
The End
- Elena

2 comments:

  1. thays so funny i think maddie was saying somthing like that on the phone last night!

    ReplyDelete