Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Horses


There are a lot of horses in New Zealand. One of my friends lives about 30 minutes, away, on a farm and her mom asked if I would like to spend two nights there and I happily said yes! So they piked me up and we had a pretty long car ride there - it was very curvy! I did not know it then but Sian also had over Courtney from school! When we got there we played around. The next day we got up early and got dressed and ready to ride. We had to get on riding boots and then go and get the horses! We fed them first and then we got them all ready to ride! As soon as we were ready I got on one horse, Pee-Wee and Courtney got on Rain! Courtney, Sian and Grace her sister were much better riders than me. I had no idea what we were doing. Sian and Grace walked down while Courtney and I rode. I saw a bunch of jumps I would be jumping. When we got down there Sian asked me if I wanted to jump. Yep! So she told her sister, Grace, to take the rope and walk me through it. There were logs cut in half laid in a row and at the end there was a jump - it was not that high though! Grace took me to the start and I barley felt anything. Pee-Wee stepped over the logs. I said I wanted to keep on doing it, in fact I wanted to do something harder! Courtney rode around on Rain and did some jumps. "Here try this one." I was going to try something a bit harder now! Grace switched with Sian, she started to run with Pee-Wee and Woooosh! I jumped it! Soon after an hour I was jumping on my own! Sian takes riding lessons so she gives Courtney lessons! Sian sometimes told Courtney to jump something and I said I would before her if she didn't do it! In the end I did not end up doing those jumps though because Courtney did them!
I thought it was I great experience riding. I hadn't done it in a long time!!
-Elena!

2 comments:

  1. I just had the best time reading all your posts. Great job, way to go, living vicariously through your shared experiences. May you be blessed in 2009 with many happy adventures. It's great to see you with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having such wonderful experiences. New Zealand has so much to offer!

    ReplyDelete