Saturday, January 11, 2014

Natura Siberica

The frigid rain and cloudy day melted away as I stepped into Natura Siberica.  A friend had suggested going and quiet honestly, I needed to get out of the house.  I'm posting about this shop because, in my opinion, it is not a place I would stumble across in my wanderings around the city.  It's a place you have to be told about, have to be shown.
A short walk from the Tverskaya metro, just across the street from Starbucks - in case you've mapped the city according to coffee - with a nice little sign above the door is Natura Siberica.  As their card says they specialize in "cosmetics of wild herbs and flowers".  A lovely clerk who spoke some English helped me out.  I think I was lucky on this day to find an employee with English skills.  My friend had gone over the website before we left so she was familiar with the packaging of the items she was looking for - another good option in the world of Russian. 
From lotions and creams, spa supplies, make-up and a wide variety of oils, all products are made from natural ingredients.  Take for instance the hair oil made from Yack horn.  Ok, some things sounded a bit weird, but the outcomes were amazing!  
The best part of it all was I walked away with 2 pump bottles of hand soap, 2 lotions, 1 spa cream and 2 bath soaps for less than $30.  Great items to tuck away for a rainy day or when I need to pull out a last minute gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment