Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Night Hike in the Amazon


The last night in the Amazon was the night we took a hike through the jungle. First we looked at fungus’ that glowed in the dark. We had to turn off all our lights in the middle of the scary rainforest. I didn’t like it. Then we looked at butterfly larva that also glowed in the dark. After that we went to a huge tree used for canopying. We saw a very big spider then my uncle saw a black scorpion. Then we walked around the tree and saw three more spiders. We went closer to the river and saw a couple caiman. Then we saw a toad twice as big as any I’ve seen in the states, it was as big as a small dog. My cousin Damon stepped over a log with a tarantula on it. Next, I almost stepped on it but I saw it and I started hyperventilating then the guide told us it was the type people kept as pets. Then we saw a cool camouflage spider  called the hunter. My cousin Elena and I saw a frog about 3 inches smaller than the toad. Elena started freaking out about a small spider, it was  funny.
Humming bird in nest that we could watch sitting on the toilet
- Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment