Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Paloquemao

My first day in Colombia we went to a flower and food market.
The flowers were very pretty, and colorful. After we got enough to make plenty of bouquets, we went inside to the food part.
There were plenty of fruits and vegetables. We bought some interesting fruits that I have never tried before. This morning I tried one called a granadilla. It is orange, and you peel the outside off and eat the inside. It is kind of gooey with a lot of seeds. The gooey part tastes exactly like the grapes my grandma and grandpa grow off their vines in their backyard. You are supposed to swallow the seeds whole, but I didn't do a very good job with that.
The meat part of the market was interesting, and yet gross. I'm not going to lie, it did smell bad. Overall the market was cool.

By the roses

Pig head

I no longer have an appetite

Fruits and vegetables
Anna Buist

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Keep writing and keep having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat the seeds? Yuck.

    Guess I'm reminded of Gen 1:29, but I'll be spitting them out when no one's looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good verse! Had to look that one up. Still don't think we'll be eating those seeds!

    ReplyDelete