Friday, August 3, 2012

Il Tinello


When I'm asked for a restaurant suggestion my response tends to be:
"Yeah, there's this great hamburger place downtown sort of by a bank."  Very vague.  I know.  So as part of this blog, for my own benefit of memory, I have decided to add restaraunt suggestions to pass along.
Here goes!

Chad took me to this fabulous Italian restaurant for our anniversary.  Only a15 min. walk from the apartment gave a good transition from work to dining.
We loved the decore.  Old world Italian with tables tucked into small nooks and cranies.  Faux painted walls surrounded vintage doorways.   Our table was nesteld next to the fireplace.  The cracking fire took the chill off the night.  A nice, quiet atmosphere surrounded us.
Apparently all items are made in house - from scratch.  We went with a starter of proscutto and melon that was light and refreshing.  Chad enjoyed a meal of risotto while I dined on ravioli both in a savory cheese sauce.  Our true test of an Italian restaurant is the tiramisu.  Major fail in this department.  Frozen and a bit lacking in flavor.  I wished I had gone for something else.
If you are craving a nice, quiet Italian meal in the Chico neighborhood I would definately suggest Il Tinello.

- Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment