Thursday, June 16, 2016

Preparation

I leave for Kenya today. I’m not sure what I should be expecting, but from everything I’ve heard from friends and family, Africa sounds amazing. The past few weeks have flown by, as I’ve been busy with school and a visitor from the US. In all the chaos I guess I haven’t really processed that I’m going.

I hope that I am able to learn from these kids, and that this trip will be a positive experience. I've been anticipating it for several years now, and I'm sure some of my expectations aren't even realistic. Needless to say, I am giddy with excitement and nerves.

I will be trying to keep regular updates posted to this blog, but I can't make any promises. We will not have constant access to internet.

Please keep me, and all of the kids I will be visiting, in your prayers.
Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I am interested in hearing which of your expectations were unrealistic and which were more realistic. It's something the mind can't help but do--to make its own version of a thing it knows is there but has very little information about. We do it when we read a book but haven't ever seen the characters. The real thing can be disappointing sometimes, and at others better (less scary) than expected. In fact, when was the last time your expectation of the unknown was MORE scary than you expected? Can you do a post on your expectations and how they turned out?

    ReplyDelete