Saturday, June 7, 2008

American Pop Culture


I'm standing the in gas station waiting for the kids to finish using the restroom.  Evanescence is playing overhead as I begin glancing at the magazine rack.  The New Zealand tabloids pop out at me.  I guess I won't be loosing touch with how Brad & Angie's marriage is doing, Brittany's parenting skills or Lindsey's drug rehab.  We walk across the street to an appliance store.  Twenty t.v.'s in front of me have George Clooney doing something or another.  Leaving America  I was hoping I would be leaving behind many influences of American pop culture but rather I find that American pop culture is shaping the world. Think about the shows you watch on t.v., the movies you go to and the songs you listen to then translate that into what the world views as every American's way of life.  It's too bad Hollywood is the most accessible part of America.  Gladly my life in America was not like that of t.v.
No worries - Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment