Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wairoa college


  Elementary School=Primary School,  College=University,  Middle School=College, isn't that weird?
  When I got to Wairoa college my teacher showed me a group of girls.  She told me their names, but I don't remember.  We went in the class room and I found a seat and a place to put my backpack.  I sat down and put my stuff in a bin with my name on it.  The first subject we did was Maths.  First she held cards up with addition problems like, 99+99 or 14+14.  We wrote down the answers on a sheet of paper.  We also did a work sheet with drawing 3D shapes, then naming the shapes (they did something else, she had to see where I was).  Then we went to computers and wrote a story.  We went back and ate a snack. (they actually call snack morning tea.)  The girls bombarded me with questions.  Then I went to sewing. I sewed dots on a paper without the thread to see the patterns.  I made curvy lines and straight lines.  We got back and read a story about something and we had to do a paper on it.  Finally, we went to lunch!  Most people just had an apple or crackers, but I had a sandwich and a carrot.  We went back in and went to art.  Damon came out of the classroom we were going to go in.  I waved.  Immediately the girls asked who he was.  We drew suns with lots of designs and kept being warned to be quiet.  At the end of art we had to be quiet for four minutes.  I was one of the first to get dismissed.  I got outside and my mom took pictures.  Damon, my mom and I went home.

-Maddie

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like your day was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u look the best I am saving this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you tell them about your best friend monique!(me)

    ReplyDelete
  4. maddie you havint been to my blog yet and if you have I cant tell b/c you cant tell who did my poll! CALL ME really

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Maddie~
    do you have any new friends? Did Monique tell you about the last day of school?:}
    It was a half day and it went by so fast! A lot of teachers are going to different schools! In fact so many teachers are going that Mr.V was crying!:}
    Hope you having fun!:}
    Megan Rookus

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi maddie sounds like you are having a blast!:] Do you have any new friends ? If so who? Did Monique tell you that the flag lowering was inside because it was raining outside?Have you been on the computer more because you don't have many people to hang out with?Will you ever come back to visit us?:]
    E-mail me back at jlrookus@gmail.com
    Megan Rookus

    ReplyDelete