Monday, June 30, 2008

Net Ball



There are different sports in New Zealand and I play a sport called Netball!  Damon plays a normal old sport, soccer, but he also plays squash which is not a normal old sport!  And Maddie does not play a normal sport either - she does  rowing!!!  Netball is sort of like basketball but it's not basketball there are different rules!!!  When we play netball we wear skirts.  Even the professionals play in skirts.  In netball there are a lot of different positions like wing defense and goal keep.  They write the position on your shirt with WD or GK but trust me that's not all the positions - there are a lot more but I have no idea what they are!  The main idea is to get the ball and make a goal.  You can't run or move with the ball, you can't dribble the ball and you can only have the ball for three seconds.  You do not want the other team to get the ball but once you get the ball you want to throw it to another person on your team then get it closer and closer to your goal.  When you're in one position, like center, you can go everywhere except for in the goal ring, which is the place that has the hoop in it. Only four people can go in the goal ring.   If you're goal keeper you can go in - in fact you have to stay in there the whole time!  I am the position where you can't go in any of the goal rings and I can go any where else.  I am not center I don't know what I play!!!  And that's all I know about netball!!!!!
-Elena

5 comments:

  1. Elena,
    Is Netball (and the other sports) something you play durring school? or after school? Do you have to choose a sport or is it optional?

    ~Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it during school or not?that is a cute picture!does your friends not now whwt a camrma is?
    ♥monique(call me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picture!
    When do you play net ball?
    Megan Rookus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel wants to know if boys play netball in skirts too.

    ReplyDelete