Monday, June 16, 2008

Wairoa




Wairoa is the town that we live in and there are a lot of very, very different things than in the U.S.A!   Wairoa is a very small town it only has 5,000 people.  50% of the people here are Maori.  A river is running right through the middle  of the town.   The river leads right to the ocean and on the other sides there are mountains! By the river there is a lighthouse but it's quite small!!  Downtown runs right along the river.  There is everything you need down there and it's within walking distance of our house.  Some of my favorite shops downtown are of course the ice cream shop and the bakery!!!  The bakery "Oslers" has won lots of awards.  I like living here and I really enjoy it!!!!
-Elena

3 comments:

  1. That sounds amazingly fun(like my new word)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sounds like you guys are having fun!How long is the school days?Do you have any new friends? Is down always busy?

    Megan Rookus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sounds like you guys are having a great time!:)Do you guys walk to the stores or drive to the stores?? I bet you the food is better than it is here.I love the pictures!:)


    E-mail me back at jlrookus@gmail.com


    Megan Rookus

    ReplyDelete